Rules and regulations 2018-2019
1. Each player may challenge an opponent that is ranked up to five seats
above him and the match should be done within five days max. (In some very
exceptional cases a sixth day might be allowed subject prior request to Menelaos) If
the challenger wins then he takes the challengee’s position and the
challengee falls by one seat. If the challenger loses then they both retain
2. The challenger must allow 48 hours after the match, irrespective of the
result without challenging anybody, just to give a fair opportunity to other
players to challenge him.
3. No match can be cancelled since announced in the official website of the
Tournament and its it is the responsibility of the challenger to liaise with the
challengee to find a commonly acceptable date and time for the match.
4. If a match cannot be played within the five days time limit, then the unavailable
party loses the match and is walked over (w/o). There is an additional penalty of 48
hrs delay for walk overs. I.e., if the challenger fails to play his match and is walked
over, then his next challenge can take place in 4 days. If the w/o is the challengee’s
responsibility, he is penalised with two days delay respectively.
5. The challengee in any case has the right to accept or refuse a challenge
(irrespective of the match’s result) for 48 hours after his previous match.
He is allowed, however to challenge anybody (up to five seats above
him), any time, even right after his previous match.
6. A player is declared unavailable for play and is marked with grey colour
in cases of travel abroad, injury or any other personal reason that is
declared in time, to Menelaos. Grey players lose one rank position by
default irrespective of the days of inactivity. ##As from 24/10/2018 Gray players will be loosing one position every two weeks.
7. Grey players are temporarily inactive and should be ignored – for
challenge purposes- until they change status. That means a possible
challenge by number 25 to 19 if f.e, 20 is ‘grey’. The grey player may
challenge 48 hours after his status change, that is, from grey to normal.
8. New players may enter the ladder tournament with the consent of the
O.C and they are placed at the end of the table after they pay the
participation fee that remains €25 for all participants.
9. 24/12/2018 is the last day before the Christmas recession. Hence the last
challenge will be accepted by 19/12/2019. The first phase will resume once
again on January 4th, 2018 08.00 and will end March 31st 2018. Hence the last
challenge of the first phase will be accepted 27/3/2019.
10. During the second phase of the tournament i.e., btn January and March 2019,
players are allowed to challenge up to FIVE positions above them.
11. After the first phase is finished, the top sixteen players of the draw at the time, will go on to the knock outs.
As soon as the first round of the knock outs is over, the 8 losers along with the players that have achieved places 17-24, will have another chance by participating in a second “CHALLENGER KNOCK OUT TABLEAU”to be decided by draw and go on round by round to the Challenger’s Final. Further details will be announced in due time.
12. The participants must pay their €25 participation fee prior to the commencement
of the tournament, by cash or SKash to any of the members of the Organizing
committee namely Menelaos Theodoulou, Serghios Savvides or Kyriacos Kyriakides.
Most preferable however is to use our bank account for a direct money
SAVVIDES S. AND KYRIAKIDIS K.
Account Number/IBAN: 357029206894
13. The tourn., is a best of three with the 3rd set being a super tie break, i.e a
tie break to 10 points instead of a full set.
Yet, two players may agree in advance that they will play a third set upon
their discretion and of course based on courts availability.
14. Eleon Garros Ladder 2018-19 players, are allowed to play their matches
in any tennis court they wish, provided they will follow the above rules and
communicate the result timely.
15. Above rules and regulations may change any time towards the best
interest of the tournament, as defined by the Organizing committee.
How we challenge:
Just send your challenge by sms to Menelaos Theodoulou 99-609023 and
state your name and the opponent you want to challenge. If your challenge is
valid then both, your challenged opponent (challengee) and you (the
challenger), will receive a confirmation sms with the nominal due date the match has
to be completed upon.
As soon as the match is over an sms must be sent as above, from the winner
with the correct score.
Good luck to all and may the best player wins!
The organizing Committee