Dear Eleon Garros friend,
Thank you very much for your active involvement, participation and enthusiasm in our tennis tournaments!
Get ready and fasten your seat belts because another exciting tournament, is due to begin!
More specifically new our Ladder tourn., will host all players on a single league initially decided by draw. The draw is due to take place coming Tuesday 16/9/2014 at our club’s premises. If interested to participate please confirm by email to Kyriacos.email@example.com or by phone to Menelaos Theodoulou 99-609023, latest by Monday 15/9/2014.
Rules and regulations:
1. The participants will be placed on the initial table at random after a relevant draw.
2. Each player may challenge an opponent that is ranked up to five seats above him and the match should be done within five days max. If the challenger wins then he takes the challengee’s position and the challengee falls by one seat. If the challenger looses then they both retain their positions.
How we challenge: Just send your challenge by sms to Menelaos Theodoulou 99-609023 and state your name and the opponent you want to challenge. If your challenge is valid then both, your challenged opponent (challengee) and you (challenger), will receive a confirmation sms with the due date the match has to be completed upon. As soon as the match is over an sms must be sent as above, from the winner with the correct score.
3. The challenger must allow 48 hours after the match, irrespective of the result without challenging anybody, just to give the opportunity to other players to challenge him.
4. No match can be cancelled since announced in the official website of the tournament. (www.tennis4all.eu). The unavailable party looses the match and is walked over (w/o).
5. The challengee in any case has the right to accept or refuse a challenge (irrespective of the match’s result) for 48 hours after his previous match. He is allowed, however to challenge anybody (up to five seats above him), any time, even right after his previous match.
6. A player is declared unavailable for play (and is marked with grey colour) in cases of travel abroad or injury or any other personal reason that is declared in time to Menelaos. Grey players loose one rank position by default irrespective of the days of inactivity.
7. Grey players are temporarily inactive and should be ignored – for challenge purposes- until they change status. That means a possible challenge by number 26 to 20 if f.e, 21 is ‘grey’.
8. New players may enter the ladder tournament with the consent of the O.C and they are placed at the end of the table after they pay their
9. 24/12/2014 is the last day of the ladder. Hence the last challenge can be done 19/12/2014.
10. After the first phase is finished, the top four players of the draw at the time, will go on to the next round and players from place 5 to12 will play a pre-knock out match in a cross manner to decide the last four players of the official knock outs. More specifically player 5 will play with player 12 for the 5th place of the knock out draw, player six will play the 11th and so on.
11. Participation fee is set to €20 euros. The participants must pay their participation fee prior to the commencement of the tournament, to any of the members of the Organizing committee namely Menelaos Theodoulou, Antonis Antonopoulos, Serghios Savvides or Kyriacos Kyriakides. Most preferable however is to use our ‘tennis4all’ bank account for a direct money transfer. A/C number: Bank of Cyprus: 357003435615
12. The tourn., is a best of three with the 3rd set being a super tie break, i.e a tie break to 10 points instead of a full set.
Yet, two players may agree in advance that they will play a third set upon their discretion and of course based on courts availability.
13. Eleon Garros Ladder 2014 players, are allowed to play their matches in any tennis court they wish, provided they will follow the above rules and communicate the result timely.
14. Above rules and regulations may change any time towards the best interest of the tournament as defined by the Organising committee. Special thanks to all our sponsors mainly our Mega Sponsor Vassos Eliades and
sons Ltd. Many thanks also to Menelaos Theodoulou that has accepted to offer his precious services to the organization and execution of this fascinating tournament and frequently update our website: www.tennis4all.eu
Last but not least this year’s Eleon Garros tournament is dedicated in memory of our beloved child Giorgos Goungouris.
Good luck to all and may the best player wins!
The organizing Committee