Dear Eleon Garros friend,
Thank you very much for your support and enthusiasm in our tennis tournaments!
Get ready and fasten your seat belt because one more exciting tournament is due to begin!
More specifically our LADDER tourn., will host all players on a single league initially decided by draw. The draw is due to take place coming Tuesday 19/2/2013.
During the first phase that will end 16/6/2013, the players may challenge each other up to 3 seats above them.
By then, a relevant equilibrium in the ranking is expected so we’ll move on to the knock out phase which will eventually lead us to the Grand Final planned about early July.
Rules and regulations:
- 1. The participants will be placed on the initial table at random after a relevant draw.
- 2. Each player may challenge an opponent that is ranked up to five seats above him and the match should be done within five days max. If the challenger wins then he takes the challengee’s position and the challengee falls by one seat. If the challenger looses then they both retain their positions.
- How we challenge: Just send your challenge by sms to Menelaos Theodoulou 99-609023 and state your name and the opponent you want to challenge. If your challenge is valid then your challenged opponent (challengee) and you (challenger), will receive a confirmation sms with the due date the match has to be completed upon. As soon as the match is over an sms must be sent as above, from the winner with the correct score.
- 4. The challenger must allow 48 hours after the match, irrespective of the result without challenging anybody, just to give the opportunity to other players to challenge him.
- 5. No match can be cancelled since announced in the official website of the tournament. (www.tennis4all.eu). The unavailable party looses the match and is walked over (w/o).
- 6. The challengee in any case has the right to accept or refuse a challenge (irrespective of the match’s result) for 48 hours after his previous match. He is allowed however to challenge anybody (up to five seats above him), any time, even right after his previous match.
- 7. A player is declared unavailable for play (and is marked with grey colour) in cases of travel abroad or injury or any other personal reason that is declared in time to Menelaos.
- 8. Grey players loose one rank position by default and an additional one every 5 days of unavailability rounded off to the nearest 5. (eg: 5 days one plus one position, 8 days two (plus one) positions, 12 days three (plus one) positions and so on. Grey players will turn back to white (available), upon informing Menelaos, on their return by sms.
- 9. Grey players are temporarily inactive and should be ignored – for challenge purposes- until they change status. That means a possible challenge by number 26 to 20 if f.e, 21 is ‘grey’.
- 10. Players that do not communicate or cannot be reached by the participants or the Organizing Committee are written off the tournament.
- New players may enter the ladder tournament with the consent of the O.C and they are placed in the end of the table after they pay their participation fee.
- 16/6/2013 is the last day of the ladder. (the last challenge can be done 11/6/2013)
- At or about the beginning of May 2013 a small discontinuity of the tournament might be discussed and communicated upon, because Eleon club is due to host an international tournament. More details will be communicated in due time.
- In the Knock out Phase, that will begin on 17/June/2013, the top 8 players will be paired in an apparent manner that is 1vs 8, 2vs7, 3vs6 and so on. More details of this phase will be announced later on our website www.tennis4all.eu which will be updated as frequently as possible to facilitate the smooth operation of the tournament.
Participation fee is set to €25 euros.
The participants must pay their participation fee prior to the commencement of the tournament, to any of the members of the Organizing committee namely Menelaos Theodoulou, Antonis Antonopoulos, Serghios Savvides or Kyriacos Kyriakides.
Most preferable however is to use our ‘tennis4all’ bank account for a direct money transfer.
Bank of Cyprus: 357003435615
The tourn., is a best of three with the 3rd set being a super tie break, i.e a tie break to 10 points instead of a full set. Yet, two players may agree in advance that they will play a third set upon their discretion and of course based on courts availability.
Eleon Garros Ladder 2013 players, are allowed to play their matches in any tennis court they wish, provided they will follow the above rules and communicate the result timely.
Above rules and regulations may change any time towards the best interest of the tournament as defined by the Organising committee.
Last but not least special thanks to all our sponsors (to be announced shortly) as well as to Menelaos Theodoulou that has accepted to offer his precious services to the organization and execution of this fascinating tournament.
Good luck to all and may the best player wins!