Dear Eleon Garros friend,
Thank you very much for your active involvement, participation and enthusiasm in our tennis tournaments!
Get ready and fasten your seat belts because another exciting tournament, is due to begin!
More specifically our new Tournament which will start on 18/09/2021, is different as there will be no ladder competition as in previous years. This NEW tournament will host players in 4 groups of around 10 players in each group. Please read carefully below the NEW rules and regulations.
If interested to participate, please confirm by sms to: Menelaos Theodoulou 99609023, latest by Wednesday 15/09/2021. We will be accepting new participants until 30/09/2021. After that date, no other participant will be allowed in the competition.
Rules and regulations:
1.There will be 4 groups of around 10 players each depending on the participation.
2. The allocation of players in each group will be as follows: The first 8 players which finished in the top 8 positions in our last ladder tournament will be allocated in each group. i.e. the top 4 players will be heading each group and the other 4 will be allocated accordingly. The remaining participants will be allocated according to a draw in each group.
3. Each player should play 1 game per week and this will be monitored by the committee. All players in each group will play each other only one time.
4. The Group stage will finish in 10 weeks depending on the average participants in each group. We may allow 1 extra week for the 1st group stage to be resumed.
5. Overall the first 24 players will go through to the second round (knock outs) in the following manner: First the first 2 players of each group will go through to the second round of the knock outs. The players which will finish in the positions 3 to 6 will play a pre knock out with the corresponding players of the other groups and thereafter the winners (8 players) will carry on to the second round.
6. Players who get injured during the competition will have to finish their games in the time limits of the first stage of the tournament, i.e. before the knock outs. If by any chance they are unable to finish in the first stage then all their games are considered void and their opponents will get the points. All players, in order to go through to the second round, they have to complete 75% of their total games.
7. Players who finish at the same position, then for ranking purposes it will be taken into account firstly the games between them, secondly the number of sets won and thirdly the number of games won. The tie break win is considered 3-0 for the winner.
8. It is solely the responsibility of the players to liaise with each other to find a commonly acceptable date and time for their match. The organising committee has no responsibility if someone is not available or refuses to play on time or any other reason that will make difficult for the tournament to continue.
9. A player is declared unavailable for play and is marked with grey colour in cases of travel abroad, injury or any other personal reason that is declared in time, to Menelaos. It is important each player to inform Menelaos of his status so it will be published in our website. As explained above a player is allowed to go to the next phase of the competition if he finishes the 75% of all his matches.
10. The tourn., is a best of three with the 3rd set being a super tie break, i.e a tie break to 10 points. Each set will be played with no advantage.
11. Eleon players should play their matches in the Eleon clay courts. However, if they wish, they can play their game at any court they wish provided they will follow the above rules and communicate the result timely.
12. When a match is programmed to be played on a certain date and time, then sms will be sent to Menelaos. Consequently, as soon as the match is over, then sms must be sent to Menelaos, from the winner with the correct score.
13. Above rules and regulations may change any time towards the best interest of the tournament, as defined by the Organizing committee.
14. Participation fee this year will be €20 euros. The participants may pay their participation fee to Menelaos by cash or Revolut, or Quick Pay or by direct transfer to our Bank of Cyprus account prior to the commencement of the tournament. Bank of Cyprus IBAN: CY56002001950000357029206894
Finally, our special thanks to our sponsor as follows:
Mega Sponsor: NELAZA Ltd (Nektarios Fakas),
Last but not least our special thanks go to Menelaos Theodoulou that has accepted to maintain our website (www.tennis4all.eu) and offer his precious services to this fascinating tournament.
Good luck to all and may the best player wins!
The organizing Committee
Menelaos Theodoulou (99609023)
Serghios Savvides (99466712)
Makis Lazarou (99639695)
Vassos Eliades (99635251)
Kyriacos Kyriakides (99685776)