1. Vassos Eliades 2. Ronan Le Du 3. Makis Lazarou 4. Sergios Savvides 5. Menelaos Theodoulou 6. Petros Komodromos (30Cash) 7. Athos Eleftheriades (30R) 8. Yiannis Vyrides (30R) 9. Christodoulos Charalampides (30R) 10. Panikos Kalos 11. Marc Azais 12. Andreas Exadaktilos 13. Stelios Demetriou 14. Scott Waite 15. Magdalena Drakos 16. Nicos Charalampous (30QP) 17….
Dear Eleon Garros friend,
Thank you very much for your active involvement, participation and enthusiasm in our tennis tournaments!
Get ready and fasten your seat belts because another exciting tournament, is due to begin!
More specifically, our new Ladder tournament, 2022-23 will host all players on a single league. The starting rank on the draw will be decided by a random draw.
If interested to participate, please confirm by sms to: Menelaos Theodoulou 99609023, latest by Wednesday 21/09/2022.
Rules and regulations:
- Each player may challenge an opponent that is ranked up to five seats above him and the match should be done within seven days max. (there will be no extra day and this rule will be followed very strictly).
If the challenger wins, he takes the challengee’s position and the challengee falls back to challengers position (they exchange positions). If the challenger loses, then they both retain their positions.
- The challenger must allow 48 hours after the match, irrespective of the result before challenging anybody, just to give a fair opportunity to other players to challenge him.
- No match can be cancelled since announced in the official website of the Tournament and its it is the responsibility of the challenger to liaise with the challengee to find a commonly acceptable date and time for the match.
- If a match cannot be played within the seven days’ time limit, then the unavailable party loses the match. There is an additional penalty of 48 hrs delay for walk overs. i.e., if the challenger fails to play his match and is walked over, then his next challenge can take place in 4 days. If the w/o is the challengee’s responsibility, he is penalized with two days delay, respectively.
- The challengee in any case has the right to accept or refuse a challenge (irrespective of the match’s result) for 48 hours after his previous match. He is allowed, however to challenge anybody (up to five seats above him), any time, even right after his previous match.
- A player is declared unavailable for play and is marked with grey colour in cases of travel abroad, injury or any other personal reason that is declared in time, to Menelaos. (Grey players lose one rank position by default every 10 days being in gray status). As from 25/10/2022 Gray players will lose one rank position by every 7 days.
- For challenge purposes Grey players are temporarily inactive and should be ignored until they change status. That means a possible challenge by number 25 to 19 if e.g., 20 is ‘grey’. The grey player may challenge 48 hours after his status change, that is, from grey to normal.
- New players may enter the ladder tournament any time with the prior consent of the Organising Committee (OC) and are placed at the end of the draw after they pay their participation fee.
- The first phase of tournament/ladder will start on 23/09/2022 and finish 28/02/2023. The last challenge will be 21/02/2023. The draw is here Link
- There will be no Xmas holidays or any other break for the tourn players. If by any chance matches are cancelled due to rain then there will be extension of the day to finish the match.
- After the first phase is finished, the top twenty-four players of the draw at the time, will go on to the knock outs. (Player from place 9 to 16 will play against players from 17 to 24. The winners will go against players 1 to 8).
- The tournament, is a best of three with the 3rd set being a super tie break, (tie break to 10 points instead of a full set). Yet, two players may agree in advance that they will play a third set upon their discretion and of course based on courts availability. If they don't agree, a tie break to 10 points will be held.
- Due to lack of availability of courts each set will be played with no advantage.
- Eleon Garros Ladder 2022-23 players, are allowed to play their matches in any tennis court they wish, provided they will follow the above rules and communicate the result timely.
- Above rules and regulations may change any time towards the best interest of the tournament, as defined by the Organizing committee.
- Participation fee will be €30 euros. The participants may pay their participation fee by cash - Quick Pay - Revolut to Menelaos (99609023).
How we challenge:
Just send your challenge by sms to Menelaos Theodoulou 99609023 and state your name and the opponent you want to challenge. If your challenge is valid then both, your challenged opponent (challengee) and you (the challenger), will receive a confirmation sms with the nominal due date the match has to be completed upon.
As soon as the match is over an sms must be sent as above, from the challenger with the correct score.
Finally, our special thanks to our sponsor as follows:
Mega Sponsor: NELAZA Ltd (Nektarios Fakas),
Good luck to all and may the best player wins!
The organizing Committee
Serghios Savvides (99466712) (President)
Makis Lazarou (99639695)
Vassosv Eliades (99635251)
Menelaos Theodoulou (99609023)
Kyriacos Kyriakides (99685776)
Team Serghios Savvides - Christodoulos Charalambides wins the prestigious tournament after 2 sets 6:1, 6:4
Report by Rocco Sulpizio
The cost of participation is 15 € each (30 € the team)
Coaches are not allowed to play. Injured players can be replaced by other player who didn’t play in this tournament (first 2 weeks). Seeded teams were selected based on their performance in previous tournament. (Oustas, Papapetrou, Sergios and Menelaos team)
There will be a draw (13 - 2-2022) and the 4 seeds teams will be the leaders in the 4 groups. Then the other teams in the groups will be drawn
Each team will have 5 weeks to play the 5 games that are played with NO Advantage and if you need a 3rd set, it is TB up to 10
At the end of the first phase matches, the first four teams from each group will advance to the next phase in knock out matches as follows:
- Cristodoulos Charalampides(paid) / Sergios Savvides (seeded team)
- Giannos Trillides / Antros Oustas (seeded team)
- Petros Komodromos / Menelaos Theodoulou (seeded team)
- Andros Papapetou / Antonis Antonopoulos (team paid)(seeded team)
- Alexandros Charalampides/Yiannis Vyrides (team paid)
- Dakis Apokides/Paris Lambrou (team paid)
- Polykarpou Marios/Vassos Eliades
- Nicos Charalampous(paid) / Athos Eleftheriades (paid)
- P. Fasouliotis(paid) / Stavros Stavrou(paid)
- Jojo / Demetris Christou
- Christos Tiniakos / Alex Stefanides
- Demetris Demetriou / Petros Ioannou
- Panikos Kalos & Andy Christodoulou
- Aggelos Kapetanides / Constantinos Eliades
- Paris Mouratian(paid) / Petros Pilis
- Marc Azais / Panayiotis Pitakis
- Nikodemou Nicos / Doros Mpouros
- Sylvios / Alkis (team paid)
- Janine / Magdalena
- Christoforos Constantinedes / Christos Kyriakou (team paid)
- Nikolas Antoniades / Andros Kourtelos
- Marios Omirou / Marinos Hadzieftichiou